This blueberry cake recipe is super delicious. After so long I got berries so I thought why not enjoy these berries with blueberry cake. As I was short of sour cream I couldn’t make the lemon blueberry cake but I did add a glaze of lemon on top of the blueberry pound cake. This cake was super delicious, super yummy. Yes let me tell you my secret that I made a small cupcake where I added chocolate glaze which tasted like heaven. But lemon goes well with blueberries. You can use the almond extract instead of vanilla extract which also goes well with the blueberry cake and gives a really good aroma.
There are few tips I would like to share with you guys while preparing the cake- one if you add the granulated sugar it is difficult to incorporate with butter and batter becomes quite rough so it’s better to use powdered sugar. Second, if your butter is salted do not add salt to it because it tastes too sour, if you want you can add only a pinch of salt. Thirdly, coat the blueberries along with flour which is easily mixed with the cake batter. Four- you can also use frozen berries but make sure they are removed 1-2 hours before preparing the cake. So try this delicious cake recipe and let me know in the comments.
INGREDIENTS FOR BLUEBERRY CAKE RECIPE
- 1 Cup Butter (Room Temperature)
- 3 Cups All-Purpose Flour
- 2 ¾ Cups Powdered Sugar
- 4 Eggs (Room Temperature)
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- ¼ Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Essence
- 2 Cups Blueberry
- 1 ½ Cup Powdered Sugar
- 4 Tablespoon Lemon Juice
- 1 Tablespoon Butter
BLUEBERRY CAKE RECIPE – PREPARATION METHOD
- Firstly, soften the butter with the beater and then add sugar and vanilla extract and keep beating for 5 minutes until the sugar incorporates butter.
- Secondly, add the eggs, one at a time and keep beating until it’s fluffy and smooth. Then in another bowl add flour, salt, and baking powder and whisk.
- Then add one tablespoon of flour in berries and coat them with flour.
- Thirdly, add the dry ingredients to the mixture and beat on slow speed. Then, add blueberries in the batter and fold it gently.
- Then grease and dust the pound cake tin with butter and flour. Pour the batter into the tin.
- Finally, bake at 180 degrees Celsius for 60 minutes.
- Firstly, add powdered sugar and butter and mix it well.
- Secondly, add lemon juice one spoon at a time and mix it well.
- Finally, when the cake at room temperature pours the glaze on the top.
PREPARATION TIME- 15 minutes
BAKING TIME- 1 hour
TOTAL TIME- 1 hour 15 minutes