Deviled egg or you can say it as stuffed egg, is an Italian dish. They are easy to make, with a handful of ingredients. So you must be thinking WHY it is called Deviled egg? Deviled in terms of food was in use in the 18th century, then In the 19th century, it came to be used most often with spicy or zesty food, including eggs prepared with mustard, pepper. Generally, deviled eggs are trouble-free and you can make them even easier by hard-boiling your eggs ahead of time. The key for amazing deviled eggs recipe is boiling your eggs perfectly and not over boiling and ending up with that grey touch around your yolk.
Moreover, the cooked yolk is a combination of mayonnaise along with mustard which gives a creamy flavor and the white egg is filled with this bright and velvety filling. The sprinkle of paprika not only gives a dash of devil-ness but also perfect finishing touch. To all the egg lovers in the house try out the best-deviled eggs recipe. Elevate them into an elegant bite of any appetizer plate.
INGREDIENTS FOR DEVILED EGGS RECIPE
- 6 Eggs
- ¼th cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard
- A pinch of Salt
- Black pepper
- Smoked Paprika
DEVILED EGGS RECIPE – PREPARATION METHOD
- Firstly, place the eggs in a pan and add enough amount of water to cover the eggs. Heat the eggs until water begins to boil, almost for 14 minutes.
- Remove the eggs from hot water and put them in ice-cold water.
- Secondly, when the eggs are cooled down, peel the shells and cut it into half lengthwise.
- Remove the egg yolk from the eggs carefully.
- Mash the egg yolk with the fork.
- Last but not the least, add vinegar, mustard, mayonnaise and season it with salt & pepper.
- Mix it until it becomes a thick cream.
- Finally, evenly pipe it to egg whites. Sprinkle it with paprika and serve.
PREPARATION TIME- 20 minutes
COOK TIME- 15 minutes
TOTAL TIME- 35 minutes