Authentic homemade hummus is a mouth-licking appetizer easy to prepare for any occasion or gathering. Hummus a simple Arabic cuisine recipe, for a perfect evening snack packed with protein. Hummus originated from the Middle East which means chickpeas. A famous Arabic dish is a dip of a smooth mixture of chickpeas blended with tahini, best served with pita bread. It is a good protein crammed dip and one of the easiest as well as the most satisfying dish. For tastier homemade hummus, the secret is to make a smooth and creamy dip. Hummus is especially made with tahini. However, it can always be made without tahini by replacing it with cumin. It can be made with variations like beetroot hummus, avocado hummus. The love for hummus inculcated in me when I migrated to U.A.E. As a food hogger and food blogger I like to try out different dishes, one of the favorite Arabic dishes is hummus that’s how I decided let’s make homemade hummus which is also one of the favorite Arabic dishes of my family. It inspired me to make this healthy hummus recipe.
INGREDIENTS FOR HUMMUS RECIPE
- 400gms Chickpeas (Cooked)
- 2 Tablespoon Tahini
- 3 Tablespoon Yogurt
- 4 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- ½ Bunch Parsley (Chopped)
- 2 Green Chilli
- ½ Teaspoon Ginger Garlic Paste
- Salt To Taste
- 2 Tablespoon Lemon Juice
- Chilli Flakes For Seasoning
HUMMUS RECIPE- PREPARATION METHOD
- Soak the chickpeas overnight or for 2-3 hours.
- Drain and then add double the amount of water and boil the chickpeas until its soft.
- Combine all the hummus recipe ingredients in a bowl.
- Grind them in a food processor until it becomes a thick and fluffy paste.
- Pour the mixture in a bowl and season it with few drops of olive oil, chili flakes, and parsley leaves.
PREPARATION TIME- 10 minutes