Spaghetti Aglio e olio is an authentic Italian pasta recipe. The word Aglio e olio means spaghetti with garlic and olive oil. I love Italian food because it shows the simplicity and presentation of the food. The simpler the food preparation more eye-catching the presentation looks. It is also tossed with parmesan cheese which is known as Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese in Italy. These pasta are cooked and then tossed in olive oil, garlic, red chili flakes, and parsley. It is quite simple to prepare with just 5 basic ingredients available in your kitchen. If you wish, you can add on other vegetables such as mushroom, broccoli, and tomato. It’s ready in just 15 minutes. As I told you I am an Italian food lover, as the food is simple and light. Whenever I am out of my food list and can’t think what to prepare for dinner, I prepare this as it requires the least effort and is ready on the table in a few minutes. If you asked me to choose the pasta among red sauce, or white sauce I would always choose Aglio e olio as it healthy compare to other pasta and quick recipe.
INGREDIENTS FOR SPAGHETTI AGLIO E OLIO
- 6 Garlic Cloves
- 4 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 Spaghetti Packet
- Handful Of parsley
- 1 Tablespoon Red Chili Flakes
SPAGHETTI AGLIO E OLIO – PREPARATION METHOD
- Firstly, boil the water, then add spaghetti and let it cook until it is soft for about 15 minutes.
- Then, strain the spaghetti in a strainer and keep it aside.
- Secondly, take a pan to add olive oil, minced garlic, red chili flakes, and let it cook until golden brown.
- Then, toss the spaghetti in the garlic olive oil mixture.
- Finally, garnish it with parsley.
PREPARATION TIME- 15 minutes
COOKING TIME- 5 minutes
TOTAL TIME- 20 minutes